- They said so you are proficient In C++. So, where do you rate yourself in C++ on a scale of 10? What is a class, and can you implement it?
- What is Run time Polymorphism? Implement it. And some more general questions on OOPS. What is virtual memory?
2 coding questions:
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/reverse-words-in-a-given-string/They wanted full working code for this. They run it on some test cases.
A modified version of this question: when at most two transactions are allowed, and you cannot engage in multiple transactions simultaneously. Asked to code. My code gave the wrong answer. In the end, they asked if I had any questions for them?
Round 2: Tell something about your academic background
- Question on Binary trees: https://leetcode.com/problems/binary-tree-cameras/
What is Polymorphism? Implement it. Operator overloading
- Class_name cout<
had to overload << operator
- Implement + operator such that, obj=obj1+obj2 Here, what is class contains a character array
Implement copy constructor, Overload Assignment operator.
- Smart pointers ( I said I don’t know about these, They were okay with this ) 4.) Virtual destructors ( I didn’t know about this as well. )
In the end, they asked if I had any questions for them?
Round 3 ( HR ): A 5 to 7 minutes call ( a normal audio call on the phone )
- They asked about my overall experience of interviewing with Deshaw, Why do I pursue coding?
- Two-three Tips for the interviews
Resume project passed and prep wise
- Stay confident
- Try to relate the given problem with one of the previously solved problems.
- While preparing try to focus on the company’s favorite DSA topics rather than trying to complete the entire syllabus.
- If you are weak or don’t know much about the topic asked, just let the interviewer know (politely).